HomeLink is an educational program for students in Kindergarten through High School that blends homeschool with the classroom experience. Classes are small, no larger than 12 to 16 students. Students receive instruction in history, language, spelling, literature, science, and math for 3 to 4 hours per week, or one hour per class per week at secondary levels. Tests, projects, assignments, group activities, reading, and due dates are given during class time. Assignments are completed at home under parental supervision.
HomeLink's goal is to design and implement an educational program:
- that ignites students' passion for learning
- that trains and guides parents as they home school
- that strengthens the family unit
- and that sets an example of excellent and creative education from every single student/family enrolled
- Minimal negative peer pressure
- Affordable education, priced at approximately one-half to one-third of private school tution
- Assistance available from advisors and other parents
- Work is scheduled by advisors; parents provide one-on-one assistance
- Upholds strong family values
- Encourages independent learning skills
- Practices and enforces goal setting
- Promotes positive group interaction
- Builds identity
- Weekly small group work
- Parent-friendly curriculum is easily used at home
- Program provides assistance with assignment and pace of lesson
- Electives offered on a short term basis throughout the year.
- Work is completed at home in approximately 3 to 4 hours per day
- Grade reports issued quarterly
- Assignments can be received via the internet
MIDDLE SCHOOL – HIGH SCHOOL PROGRAM
If the class enrollment is smaller than 7 students, parents will be asked to make payments directly to the advisor who will then be teaching the class as an independent contractor, rather than as a HomeLink employee. If the class should later reach 7 in attendance, parents will be notified to pay HomeLink directly.
One hour classes:
$410/year or $41/month, September-June (10 months)
One and a half hour classes:
$615/year or $61.50/month, September-June (10 months)
Spanish I & II Class: 1.5 hours, plus one hour lab - $650/yr or $65/mo
3 classes (one student) -- $10 off the total tuition each month
4 classes (one student) -- $15 off the total tuition each month
5 classes (one student) -- $20 off the total tuition each month
HOMELINK ELEMENTARY CHILDREN’S MUSIC THEATER WORKSHOP
$615/year or $61.50/mo, September-June
$25 per one hour session
$15 per half hour session
Drop a class fee: $25
Drop fee for "closed" classes: $50
(Class was full, possible waiting list)
$10 - No tutoring needed
$25 - Tutoring needed
NORTH ATLANTIC REGIONAL HIGH SCHOOL -- Transcript services for High School Credits: $450 per year
HomeLink Registration Check List
___ Complete and submit the 1st & 2nd pages of this packet with the registration fee for Middle School/High
School Program and/or Children’s Music Theater Workshop.
___ Determine payment options (monthly, quarterly, semester or yearly).
___ Obtain a current book & materials list from our website www.homelinkyakima.org. Order the needed
books and materials as early as possible. Pay class “materials fee” to the advisor of the class on the first day.
(Materials fees for Middle School/High School Program are listed on the book list posted on the website.)
___ Fill out the “Intent to Home School” form and file it with the school district in which you live.